Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sri Sathya Sai Baba on Himself - Part VI

This is in continuation of the articles, 'Sri Sathya Sai Baba on Himself', published earlier.

20) Let Me tell you, it is only those who know the scriptures, that can understand Me. I am determined to correct you only after informing you of my credentials. That is why I am now and then announcing My Nature by means of miracles – that is, acts which are beyond human capacity and human understanding. Not that I am anxious to show off My powers. The object is to draw you closer to Me, to cement your hearts to Me.
Getting to know Me is also part of your destiny.

- Discourse at Prasanthi Nilayam on 24-11-1961

21) Remember, Sai does not live in structures of stone or brick and mortar! He lives in soft hearts, warm with sympathy and fragrant with universal Love.

- Discourse during Installation of Shri Sai Baaba idol in the Mandhir, Repalle, on 2-12-1961

22) I gave Kasthuri and Thirumalachar shawls and blessed them at the beginning of this meeting since they wrote My life in English and Thelugu: the book called "Sathyam, Shivam, Sundaram." Some of you might have wondered why I liked the publication of this book on My Life. Well, I like the production of all kinds of things and so, why should I not like this? I responded to the prayers of devotees and allowed them to write it. "Ramayathi ithi Raama" – He who pleases is Raama. The joy of the bhaktha (devotee) satisfies the Lord; the joy of the Lord is the reward of the bhaktha.

The title "Sathyam, Shivam, Sundaram" is full of meaning. It speaks of Me as immanent in every one of you, remember. Sathyam (Truth) is the basic reality of you all; that is why you resent being called a liar. The real "you" is innocent; he will not accept an imputation that is false. The real "you" is Shivam – joy, happiness, and auspiciousness – but not shavam (corpse). It is Sundaram (beautiful), Nithyam (permanent), Anandham (bliss). How then can you bear being called otherwise? The real "you" is Beauty, and so you resent being called ugly.

- Discourse at Prasanthi Nilayam on 4-3-1962

We will see many more of His sayings in the ensuing article.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?